About the project
About the project
Between 21 and 28 May 2016, international seminar “PIC Participation – Impact – Citizenship” took place in Norway. The forty participants came from 10 several countries: Norway, Hungary, Romania, Spain, France, Malta, Greece, Italy, Turkey, Poland. The application was eventually submitted by the “STIFTELSEN DEN REISENDE HØGSKOLE (DRH Norway School for Cooperation and Development)” organization, it was the most optimal decision. The work of the coordinating team was supported equally by the other partner organizations, sharing tasks. The seminar was based on creative and innovative non – formal educational methods with special focus on creativity, culture, employment and entrepreneurship.
The length of the project, joint discussions with partners and various surveys helped. For which the project was implemented was as youth workers, youth leaders who work in rural areas they experienced a vast lack on information on mobility projects for young people. In small villages, settlements, islands, remote areas the possibilities don’t come so fast to the young people like in big cities or close to the capitals. Rural youth needs to be motivated and supported to participate in international youth events and encourage them to bring back their experiences and developed competences to local level in order to improve rural areas.
One of our first tasks as rural youth workers, youth leaders was to develop and improve our youth work competences to make international youth work opportunities as Mobility projects for young people and youth workers according to the proposals of Erasmus + programme more visible and attractive for our target groups.
The training was successful, everything went according to plan, both the participants and the organizers are equally satisfied with the work achieved and we want to continue to do so in the future.
Learning objectives of the seminar was:
– To develop an understanding about aspects of active youth participation in the international and local youth projects according to the objectives of Participation field of actions of European Youth Strategy “Investing and empowering young people”;
– To raise awareness and learn the ways to ensure active participation of young people during preparation, implementation and evaluation youth projects;
– To develop an understanding of different approaches of citizenship;
– To develop the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to transfer international experiences into local community as rural development;
– To prepare qualitative international and local youth projects, matching new requirements of programme Erasmus +;
– To reflect on participants’ experiences and create recommendations for management of next projects within the programme KA1 “Mobility projects for young people and youth workers”;
– To offer the opportunity to meet possible partner groups from rural areas.